step out of your routine
and into much needed personal time and space.
These flexible and affordable classes, take the stress out of your day, your body and your mind. With self-care programs of yoga classes, specialty workshops, and teacher trainings, you can do as much or as little as you like. Come dive deeper into your self, and return home energized and inspired.
kelly’s autumn teaching theme
The autumn is a particular transitional season, were excess heat from the summer can linger, and manifest symptoms such as feeling scattered, unfocused, run down, general lack of enthusiasm and a compromised immune system. Yoga and Ayurveda (yoga’s sister science) teaches us the means to expel the excess heat/energy, slow down, and experience balance, peace and equanimity.
Join me in class this autumn, and we’ll focus on:
Postures: Balancing poses
Meditation Contemplation: Equanimity
|yoga teacher training starts september 16TH!|
yoga teacher training with kelly mcgrath
inspired in the kripalu tradition
200-hour professional certification program
10 weekends: september 2011 – june 2012
during this training you will
- Discover how the rich philosophy of yoga relates to our daily lives
- Be introduced to yogic history and the teachings of Swami Kripalu
- Learn how to teach beginner, gentle and mixed level classes
- Learn how to teach students to develop mindfulness, loving-kindness, compassion, joy and equanimity
- Gain a deep knowledge of alignment principles in asanas
- Learn to see and understand body structure and movement
- Learn Injury Prevention
- Gain precise language to compassionately communicate with your students Work with approaches to assisting students in asana, including hands-on techniques and demonstrations
- Learn introductory anatomy for yoga
- Have opportunities to practice teaching in a supervised environment
- Develop skills for designing well-rounded classes, including centering, pranayama, warm-ups, asana, relaxation, loving-kindness meditation and chanting
- Experience the art of sequencing safe and inspiring classes
- Learn how to create themes for your classes
DAILY 2 Min. OFFICE YOGA VIDEOS
with Kelly Mcgrath and the Montreal Gazette
Stuck in your cubicle with a looming deadline and no time for a workout? Don’t fret. We’ve got you covered. Go to montrealgazette.com/officeyoga and take a couple of minutes to get the kinks out. Starting Feb. 3, and updated every weekday at noon, The Gazette will feature a new short video clip of yoga exercises you can do at your desk.
Before you worry that you’ll be tying yourself up in knots in front of your colleagues, relax. The clips offer exercise, meditation and breathing tips, so you can choose whether you want to work off stress physically or mentally.